Thursday, June 30, 2005

The First Ring Anniversary

Happy belated birthday 2 my blog! The Inner Rings of Saturn was officially "one ring" old yesterday. I can't believe I'm still writing it ... more 2 the point I can't believe people are actually reading it!

I started this blog on the behest of a "music guru" who said it was a great idea for musicians to have a blog to get new fans, sell merchandise and also generate income from the likes of google ads. Well, everybody knows that GOOGLE DUMPED MY ASS! so no income there. As far as new fans and CD sales, I've managed to sell ... wait for it ... ONE WHOLE CD through my blog! (And I luv U 4 that, LJ!) So, instead of being a cash generating, fan inducing, CD selling machine, my blog has devolved into a platform for me to rant about my lovelife, my sexual exploits and my frustrations and successes (mostly frustrations this past year) in my musical career. (Yes, damnit, I have a musical career! Stop laughing!) I'm actually doing better in 2005 than I've done the past 2 years, so progress has certainly been made.

So, what have I learned from keeping a blog?

1.) That I used to be a ho. And that's ok. Good times were had. (<-- this is a joke, people. I was NEVER a ho, not even by Conservative Right Wing Ten Commandment wielding egomaniacal standards.)

2.) That my love life sucks much worse than I could have ever really known without scrutinizing it for my adoring public of 2.

3.) That GOOGLE SUCKS ASS!

4.) That I'm prone 2 saying things like "what the f*ck?" and "U dirty bitch!"

5.) That I get MUCH more accomplished in my music career when I'm

a.) not thinking about sex
b.) not thinking about boys
c.) not thinking about love
d.) keeping myself occupied so that I'm not thinking about sex and boys and love

6.) That I can actually achieve my goals if I just persevere and keep at it. And stop being so damned obsessed with ... wait 4 it ... boys.

7.) That I'm hopelessly addicted to ending each post with a quote from a song that ties into the post somethow. It's like crack, I just don't feel right if I don't do it now, except for WTF entries or special posts such as this one.

So, there U have it. On a side note about musical success, I realized yesterday that my online CD sales don't suck like I thought they did, but that I'm actually on average. It's been stated unequivocally that in online retail, you typically average sales of 1% of your hits. I did the math and I'm right there at 1%. So, that means that I just have to INCREASE TRAFFIC. So, please blog family, link to me and pass it on like that bird flu that's coming from Asia to knock us all off (I read it on Yahoo news). Link to my blog or my website or both! (www.iamsaturn.com)

In honor of this momentous occasion, I've decided to repost my very first blog entry so that my five readers can reflect on how it all began!

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Blog what?

Hhhhmm. Not sure how this is going to work. Not sure if I want all the inner workings of my heart and soul and life to go into cyberspace 4 everyone 2 dissect, then again, I pour all of that into my music, so this should be an interesting correllation or companion piece. Does anyone actually read these things anyway? If so, why? I know I read blogs when I'm bored at work and need something to do. Cum 2 think of it, I'm bored at work at this very moment, typing into the void. If U 2 are bored at work and reading this, why not listen to some of my music? www.iamsaturn.com is my website. I write, compose, perform and produce everything myself. My favorite of all time is Prince. Though I also love Janet and Madonna. And if U can't guess by all that, I also love boys. :-) (Not in a weirdo wacko MJ way, I mean boys as in men 4 anyone not down with the lingo.)Anyhoo, my phone is ringing. Some customer wants an order. The things we must do 2 eat.

Ta.

Saturn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home